Green Building Links
Additional Green Building Companies and Ideas:
DesignBuildBLUFF - Inspring Work and Innovative Ideas
The Green Building Center - Information about Green Building and Materials
Architectual Nexus - Architectual Focus on Green Design
DwellTek - Home Energy Rating and Analysis
Harris Dudley & Co. - Radiant Floor Heating
There are two kinds or solar energy you can use in your home: passive solar and active solar.
- Passive solar simply means designing or remodeling your home to make the most of sunlight through windows, awnings, and heat-absorbent flooring such as dark tile.
- Active solar involves an installation of solar panels. There are two kinds of panels-- Photovoltaic panels that generate electricity and Solar Thermal panels that generate hot water.
Utah Solar Energy Association- a directory of solar companies and resources in Utah.
Photovoltaic - Electricity
- General Information (Powerpoint 13 MB)
- Costs involved (Powerpoint 60 KB)
- Park City Municipal Corp. Permit for Electrical
- Park City Municipal Corp. Permit for Panels
- Rocky Mountain Power Site inspection form (pdf 60KB)
Solar Thermal - Hot water
- General Information (Powerpoint 11MB)
- Park City Municipal Corp. Plumbing Permit
- Park City Municipal Corp. Applicant Checklist
- Flat vs. VAC
State Tax Credit Information
Federal Tax Credit Information